What does the birth of Jesus mean to me? 7 Answers with Scripture:
by Pastor Tod Brainard
Grace Bible Church
Santa Rosa Christian School
I am a Christian teen and I have a non-Christian friend who has asked me what the birth of Jesus means to me. I want to answer her from a Biblical perspective but am not sure where to turn. Can you help me?
1. It means I can be sure that the Bible is trustworthy!
a. Concerning the place of birth - Micah 5:2
b. Concerning the means of birth - Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23
c. Concerning Jesus' lineage - Isaiah 11:1-3
These passages affirm that God handled all the arrangements; it was a miraculous, divine birth.
2. It means that joy has come into this world! Luke records three instances of rejoicing:
a. The angels - Luke 2:14
b. The shepherds - Luke 2:20
c. Simeon - Luke 2:25-32
3. It means that a Savior has been provided for me!
a. He came as a ransom - Mark 10:45. What is a ransom? It means to secure the
release of someone or something for a required price.
b. He came to save us from sin - Luke 1:21
c. He came to see and save the lost. Read the story of Zacchaeus in Luke 19:1-10.
4. It means that Satan, my enemy, is defeated! I John 3:8; Hebrews 2:14 (If Jesus is going to rule on His throne forever, then there can't be two powerful forces in the world.)
5. It means that peace can enter my heart through Christ!
a. He came to bring peace - Isaiah 9:6; Luke 2:14
b. He made peace at Calvary - Colossians 2:19-20
c. He is our eternal peace - Isiah 9:7
6. It means that a way to heaven has been provided for me!
a. Jesus Christ promised a way to heaven - John 14:5-6
b. God's love makes a way - John 3:16
7. Finally, it means He will come for me in the future!
a. Fulfills His word - John 14:3
b. Raises the dead - I Thessalonians 4:13-18
c. Destroys death - I Corinthians 15:25-26
d. Gathers His Church - I Corinthians 15:51-58
e. Judges the world - Matthew 25:32-46
f. Rewards God's people - Matthew 16:27
From prophecy, through the joy of His birth, the salvation offered to us, the defeat of Satan, the assurance of eternal life, and the promise of His return - that's what the birth of Jesus means to me!
Share this post